xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "Doug Helton" <dhel...@ideorlando.org>
Subject Document and DOM3.
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:22:47 GMT
All,
	I am trying to use the dom level 3 api to revalidate,  but when I try to
compile it is not finding the functionality of Document class.  I am using
j2sdk1.4.1.  The errors I get are:

Compiling 4 source files to C:\onesaf_dev_block_b\SWR_dev\classes
C:\onesaf_dev_block_b\SWR_dev\src\net\onesaf\services\data\xml\dom\DOMValida
tor.java:169: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method setErrorHandler (<anonymous org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler>)
location: interface org.w3c.dom.Document
        doc.setErrorHandler(
           ^
C:\onesaf_dev_block_b\SWR_dev\src\net\onesaf\services\data\xml\dom\DOMValida
tor.java:193: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method setNormalizationFeature (java.lang.String,boolean)
location: interface org.w3c.dom.Document
            doc.setNormalizationFeature("validate", true);
               ^
C:\onesaf_dev_block_b\SWR_dev\src\net\onesaf\services\data\xml\dom\DOMValida
tor.java:194: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method normalizeDocument ()
location: interface org.w3c.dom.Document
                    doc.normalizeDocument();
                           ^
4 errors
Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

I recompiled the xerces src with the jars-dom3 target and the correct code
seems to be getting into the jar but when I compile it is not being seen.
It seems to me it is seeing the org.w3c.dom that is included in the jdk.
Has anyone else encountered this before, or have suggestions.

Thanks,

Doug