xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Jan Dvorak <jan.dvo...@mathan.cz>
Subject Re: Memory consideratino in creating XML using DOM
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:32:35 GMT
Hi,

Folklore has it that the DOM in memory can take up
five to ten times the size of the document file.

The alternative is, of course, SAX.
But programming for SAX is not easy.

Another alternative, which I like more and more,
is the dom4j (www.dom4j.org) ElementHandler idea.
This gives you a chance to erase portions of the tree
during the parse, when you are done with them.

Jan Dvorak