xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "Hoad, Sandra (Sandra)** CTR **" <h...@lucent.com>
Subject Recursive DTD error
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:50:27 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to produce an xml editor, based on the xerces-j TreeViewer
example. However, when I read in an xml file based on a recursive dtd I get
some errors.

This is our DTD:
<!ELEMENT container (class*, attribute*, attribute_list*, #PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT class (name?, class*, attribute*,attribute_list*, #PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT attribute (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST attribute value CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST attribute attributeType CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT attribute_list(class*, attribute*, #PCDATA) >
<!ATTLIST attribute_list attributeType CDATA #REQUIRED >

And these are the errors that it produces:

node=class, error=at line number, 94: Element type "attribute_list" must be
declared.
node=container, error=at line number, 28: Element type "attribute_list" must
be declared.
at line number, 72: Element type "attribute_list" must be declared.
at line number, 81: Element type "attribute_list" must be declared.
node=attribute_list, error=at line number, 83: Element type "class" must be
declared.

Is our DTD correct? If not, why not? If it is then why are we getting these
errors??

I hope you can help,

Regards,
Sandra Hoad