xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "Giuseppe Sarno" <gsa...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: newbie question: schema validation in Xerces-J 1.4.1
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:35:47 GMT
I'm actually getting the same problem but in my case it is:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "rootelem" must be followed by
either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

did you find a solution for that ?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Lindquist [mailto:dlindquist@softroots.com]
Sent: 06 September 2001 23:02
To: xerces-j-user
Subject: newbie question: schema validation in Xerces-J 1.4.1

Hello,

I receive the following error message when I try to validate an XML document
against a schema:

	"The markup declarations contained or pointed to by the document
type
declaration must be well-formed."

I am using SAX 2.0 and Xerces-J 1.4.1. I have verified that the schema is
well-formed. The parsing worked fine when I referenced a DTD. Why can I not
simply change the document type declaration to reference the schema file? Or
does Xerces-J 1.4.1 not support schemas in this way?

Dave Lindquist
SoftRoots, Inc.