xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From "Ludger Buenger" <ludger.buen...@realobjects.com>
Subject RE: Xerces-J Plan for 2010
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 09:45:51 GMT
I hoped for a 2.10 release already end of last year.

So +1 for a release soon.

From: Khaled Noaman [mailto:knoaman@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:05 PM
To: j-dev@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Xerces-J Plan for 2010

Hi all,

It's been a while (over 2 years) since we had a release of Xerces-J. As
Michael mentioned in October of last year [1], we have made significant
progress in many areas, including adding support for XML Schema 1.1
(list of supported features [2]).

I think we should have 2 releases this year for Xerces-J: 2.10.0 on May
31 which would contain the up to date changes, and 2.11.0 on November 26
which would contain more XML Schema 1.1 features such as xs:override and
type subsumption (new complex type restriction rules) + bug fixes.

What do folks think?

Khaled

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/wjvplpmevpex7qoz
<http://markmail.org/thread/wjvplpmevpex7qoz>