xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: inheritable attributes patch, question
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:56:02 GMT

Hi Mukul,

I glanced briefly at your patch and looks like what you're doing is
functionally equivalent to managing a namespace context. Have you looked at
NamespaceSupport [1] before? You should be able to do something similar for
the inheritable attributes which would greatly reduce the number of objects
being created (i.e. could completely eliminate the Integer, ArrayList and
Iterator objects). Something like:

public class InheritedAttributeContext {

   private InheritableAttribute[] fInheritedAttrs = ...;
   private int fInheritedAttrSize;
   private int[] fContext = new int[8];
   private int fCurrentContext;

   // methods similar to NamespaceSupport
}

In that you could also reuse the InheritableAttribute objects. All of this
would help improve performance.

Thanks.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xerces/util/NamespaceSupport.java?annotate=447241