xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: GSoC Update
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 03:06:17 GMT

Hi Richard,

Richard Kelly <rakkie@gmail.com> wrote on 08/10/2009 10:14:36 AM:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've finished all the functionality for my component now and hope to
> put up the updated patches in a day or so.  I'm just double-checking
> for bugs and tidying up code now.
>
> Summary of the updated changes:
> - The Document.normalizeDocument() [1] will now perform character
> normalization if the "normalize-characters" flag is set in the DOM
> Configuration.
> - Node.normalize() [2] functions will perform character normalization
> of any text nodes in the subtree if the "normalize-characters" flag is
> set in the DOM Configuration.
> - Unicode characters that are split across multiple 'characters'
> events in the pipeline will now be handled correctly.
> - Changes to use SymbolTables, better error messages and other fixes
> as suggested by feedback.
>
> This week I'll be updating the documentation and finishing off the test
sets.

Sounds good. I think that covers everything required for these features.
I'm curious though... Will this include the ICU (normalization module) jar
and instructions on how to build it if we need to again? Wanted to try out
your first patch (rather than just reading it) but couldn't because you
didn't include the ICU jar the first time.