xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject inheritable attributes patch, question
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:57:18 GMT
Hi all,
   I am working upon improvements, for inheritable attributes patch,
as suggested by Khaled Noaman.

I have completed all functional improvements, as suggested by Khaled.
I hope to submit the updated patch, asap.

I have a question, on one of the suggestions, which Khaled sent:
Khaled wrote, that don't use new Integer(.. rather, we should use
Integer.valueOf(..

I agree to this. But JRE 1.3 and 1.4 do not have a
Integer.valueOf(int) API. JRE 1.4 has an API, Integer.valueOf(String).

So it seems, to meet this requirement, we need to write as,
Integer.valueOf(""+fElementDepth).

Is Integer.valueOf(""+fElementDepth) better, or new Integer(.. is better?

Through, JRE 1.5 and above has an API, Integer.valueOf(int). But we
can't use, this API as we need to conform to JRE 1.3.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi