xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the CTA API to Support Arbitrary Inputs
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:22:00 GMT
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> The XML schema 1.1 conditional type assignment (CTA) API we currently have
> restricts passing additional information to the test expression evaluator.
> We can only pass the attributes information as of now. In an offlist
> discussion, Khaled pointed out the benefits we can gain by changing the
> current API to support passing of arbitrary data (for example through a map)
> so that we don't have to change the API everytime when a requirement comes
> up to pass a new data item to the XPath evaluator. FYI with Mukul working on
> inheritable attributes feature such a requirement has already shown up :)

So in the case of passing attributes to the Test there will be two entries
in the map:
1. List of ordinary attributes (the list we are passing to the CTA API as of
now)
2. List of inherited attributes

The Test class can merge these two lists into a single list and pass down to
the low level XPath processing classes so they have access to all the
attributes as per the XML Schema 1.1 spec. WDYT?

Thanks,
Hiranya

> So what do you think about changing the existing API to accept a map of
> objects instead of a fixed number of arguments? Changing the Test class
> which is the high level entry point to XPath evaluator is easy. Should we
> also change the low level classes which are responsible for processing the
> actual XPath?
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> --