xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Kelly <rak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC Update
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:14:36 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've finished all the functionality for my component now and hope to
put up the updated patches in a day or so.  I'm just double-checking
for bugs and tidying up code now.

Summary of the updated changes:
- The Document.normalizeDocument() [1] will now perform character
normalization if the "normalize-characters" flag is set in the DOM
Configuration.
- Node.normalize() [2] functions will perform character normalization
of any text nodes in the subtree if the "normalize-characters" flag is
set in the DOM Configuration.
- Unicode characters that are split across multiple 'characters'
events in the pipeline will now be handled correctly.
- Changes to use SymbolTables, better error messages and other fixes
as suggested by feedback.

This week I'll be updating the documentation and finishing off the test sets.
Any feedback on the code is most welcome.
thanks,
Richard

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Document3-normalizeDocument
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#ID-normalize