xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From kesh...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Xerxes Logo Proposal
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:06:19 GMT

Note that some of the APIs have their own logos/mascots, though some of
those were never publicised outside their working groups. (The DOM's mascot
is a weasel, adopted after a discussion of whether a particular phrase was
or was not an instance of "weasel words" but also reflecting the weasel's
ability to slide through narrow branching passages to retrieve what it's
looking for.)

I have no problem with a butterfly as the Xerces mascot. I stopped thinking
of butterflies as excessively delicate the first time I saw a crowd of them
congregate around a dead turtle (presumably in search of trace elements).
Life does what it has to, tries to do it well, and if it's pretty that's a
bonus.

"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish
(http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)