xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Schwarzenbach <Eric.J.Schwarzenbach....@alumni.upenn.edu>
Subject Re: Xerxes Logo Proposal
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:40:06 GMT
Was the butterfly really what this project was named for? I'd always
assumed it was the Persian kings.

No offense to this beautiful design, or to this great software project,
but a butterfly strikes me as about the least appropriate metaphor I can
think of for an XML parser. The last thing I would call working with XML
APIs is "pretty". I'd be curious to know if there is some reasoning for
how the butterfly might work metaphorically.

Regards,

Eric