xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject XML Schema 1.1 Support in Xerces
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 22:17:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

In the upcoming release of Xerces-J we are planning to include a partial
experimental implementation of XML Schema 1.1 [1][2].  Similar to how we
had been exposing DOM Level 3 support, we plan to offer this under a
separate build target in the Ant build file.  The standard distribution
would continue to only support XML Schema 1.0 until such a point where it
would be appropriate to incorporate 1.1.  Right now it isn't clear how the
two would coexist, for instance, whether 1.0 or 1.1 validation would be
controlled by a feature or whether the spec would specify such behaviour.
For now when building under the new target, the parser generated would
always validate against the rules of XML Schema 1.1.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xmlschema11-1-20040716/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xmlschema11-2-20040716/

Michael Glavassevich