xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From "Thropp, Shawn" <thr...@adlnet.org>
Subject xs:language validation support
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:59:32 GMT
I am trying to figure out a message received from Xerces-J version 2.6.2 when the parser encountered
a language code that was not valid according to the xs:language data type.  The error that
I received was:
Error] ext_example1.xml:27:71: cvc-pattern-valid: Value 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' is not facet-valid
with respect to pattern '([a-zA-Z]{1,8})(-[a-zA-Z0-9]{1,8})*' for type 'language'.
However when I look at
XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes, A Schema for Datatype Definitions (normative):
I see the following regular expression defined (normative):
<xs:simpleType name="language" id="language">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:token">
            pattern specifies the content of section 2.12 of XML 1.0e2
            and RFC 1766
Obviously the two regular expression used are different.  It seems as though, by the error
poduced by Xerces-J, that Xerces-J parser code is overriding the normative data type (regular
expression) with its own?  Why are the two different?  Or do I not understand what is going
Thanks for the help

View raw message