xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject [ANN]: Xerces 2.6.2 Next Release
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:31:15 GMT
Hi all,

I want to let everyone know that we're planning a point release of Xerces
early next week.

Fairly soon after the 2.6.1 release it was discovered that some of the
method signatures in the XML Schema API [1] do not match the signatures in
the implementation.  We plan to fix the API given that implementations in
Xerces-J and Xerces-C++ are already out in the world.  As was mentioned
last week we also plan to deprecate [2] the HTMLSerializer and
XHTMLSerializer as a first step in our effort towards common serialization
code with Xalan.

In addition we've fixed a number of bugs including:
- A bug introduced in 2.6.1 which caused the XMLSerializer to
automatically expand entity references and convert CDATA sections to text.
- Some SAX conformance bugs involving namespace prefixes with namespace
support turned off.
- Several DOM L3 bugs.
- Message localization.

There are a few other issues which need to be addressed.  We're aiming for
February 16th or 17th.

[1]
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org&msgNo=3714
[2]