xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <...@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject Re: [ANN]: Xerces 2.6.2 Next Release
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:02:36 GMT

I lurk on this list as a member of the Jena RDF developers platform team.
We reship Xerces, which we use as the XML parser for RDF/XML and for
handling XML Schema datatypes. We have just released Jena 2.1 which
included Xerces 2.6.1 ... (The immediatly prior release included a patched
version of Xerces 2.6.0; these patches got into 2.6.1 and we wanted to get
back onside)

I am having difficulty assessing the significance of your proposal to do a
further point release so quickly: are the defects with Xerces 2.6.1 really
that serious? should we (the Jena team) effectively do a recall on Jena 2.1
and release a Jena 2.1.1 with Xerces 2.6.2? (A fairly small minority of
Jena users will be using the Xerces APIs directly).

Jena URL
http://jena.sourceforge.net

Jeremy Carroll