xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject handling newlines in CVS
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:40:48 GMT

Hi all,

Doubtless this is an oft-asked and clueless question, but as the below
commit (which actually involved a change in one line) shows, we have a
problem in the Xerces-J community with gracefully handling new lines.  Some
of our committers use Windows boxes, and some use Solaris or Linux, and
apparently CVS isn't normalizing the differing newlines it finds in the
different commits.  Are there CVS client options we should be tweaking to
handle this, or is there something that can be done server-side?

Thanks!
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Neil Graham/Toronto/IBM on 11/06/2003 02:37 PM -----

                      elena@apache.org

                                               To:       xml-xerces-cvs@apache.org

                      11/06/2003 02:24         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  cvs commit: xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/dom
CoreDocumentImpl.java
                      Please respond to

                      xerces-dev

elena       2003/11/06 11:24:49

  Modified:    java/src/org/apache/xerces/dom CoreDocumentImpl.java
  Log:
  Fixing compilation error in the previous commit.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.51      +2480 -2480
xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/dom/CoreDocumentImpl.java

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/dom/CoreDocumentImpl.java.diff?r1=1.50&r2=1.51