xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandy Gao" <sandy...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: permit Khaled to commit code directly
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:17:54 GMT
+1.

Khaled has done an excellent job in the areas Neil mentioned, and I'm
confident with his contribution.

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
sandygao@ca.ibm.com

                      Neil

                      Graham/Toronto/IB        To:       xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org

                      M@IBMCA                  cc:

                                               Subject:  [PROPOSAL]:  permit Khaled to commit
code directly
                      04/15/2003 08:17

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      xerces-j-dev

Hi all,

No doubt most developers who actively read messages accompanying commits to
our repository will have noticed that Khaled's name has been mentioned a
lot lately.  He's written a number of patches that Sandy has committed for
fixing bugs in <xs:redefine> support, and others addressing issues in our
regular expression code.  Since none of the current active committers on
this project is at all comfortable with that code, it's especially good to
see someone step up to the plate.

Khaled has been a Xerces-C committer for a long time; since xml-xerces is a
single project as far as the ASF is concerned, he's always had latent
commit privileges here.  Since our code base is a good deal different from
xerces-C though, I think Khaled wanted to assure us that he knows our code
before committing directly.  I for one am definitely assured, so here's my
+1 for Khaled to commit his own changes.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development