xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Kristensen <akristen...@dynamicsoft.com>
Subject programmatically resolving namespaces to local schemas
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:54:49 GMT
With DTD's one can use an entity resolver to map a public or system ID
of a DOCTYPE declaration to a local resource so as to avoid re-fetching
the DTD from a remote location whenever parsing an XML doc conforming to
that DTD.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to achieve the same
thing with schemas in Xerces2 Java 2.3.0. That is, I have docs that
conform to one or more schemas whose location are well-known http URLs
and I want to include those xsd's in my own software distro and use the
local version as opposed to the net-version when parsing the XML
instances.  It's not just a question of speed; some environments are
closed off from the Internet and some do not have DNS access.

I guess this must be supported but I was unable to find any mention of
it in any docs.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Anders