xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <neeraj.ba...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Patch for 17294
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:42:55 GMT

Hi Glenn ,

> As I mentioned in my Bugzilla comments, all element errors
> have the element name as the {0} parameter, and all attribute
> errors have the element name as the {0} parameter and the
> attribute name as the {1} parameter.  Any *additional*
> parameters occur after these.
>
> The whole point of positional parameters in the message
> formatting is so that the order of the parameters in the
> call to report the error does not have to match the order
> in a localized message for that error.

Good point. I will take care of it. I think its a good suggestion
perhaps we should document it somewhere as part of Xerces programming
practices so that its not lost in the archives and future committers
also know about this practice of writing error messages. There are
others like wrting if block, setting the right tab value, caused lot of
problem earlier :-)

thanks
Neeraj