xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <neeraj.ba...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Bug: infinite recursion with wrong ENTITY declaration
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:29:24 GMT

Stef Epardaud wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Attached is an XML document that will trigger an infinite recursion in
>Xerces2 if parsed. This is without stopping at fatal errors, but it
>seems it cannot recover properly enough to parse the rest of the
>document. I have found a patch to avoid the infinite recursion,

Parser behavior is not determined after it encounters fatal error. But
its good to avoid such behavior so please send your patch.

>but I'm
>not happy with it because it would be better to recover from the error
>after the incorrect ENTITY declaration, to allow to find more errors.

There is a feature
 http://apache.org/xml/features/continue-after-fatal-error
which allows you to parse the document after it encounters fatal error,
so as to recover further error from the document. But you should correct
the XML file at the first place. Please read the feature documentation
[1] for more detail.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html

Neeraj