xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <neeraj.ba...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Error recovery while parsing XMLs ..
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:06:06 GMT

Rajiv Shivane wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I need an XML parser which can recover from malformed
>xml errors and continue parsing. I was trying to see
>if there is a feature in the parser which can be
>enabled to make this happen.

set the following  feature to true.
http://apache.org/xml/features/continue-after-fatal-error

You should be completely aware of the fact that there is no guarntee
that parser will behave in normal fashion after encountering fatal
error. It is advisable to use this feature only during development time
and NEVER at the production time. XML document should be corrected as
the first step. Please read the feature documentation [1] for more detail.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html

Neeraj