xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Stef Epardaud <s...@lunatech.com>
Subject Re: Error recovery while parsing XMLs ..
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:57:45 GMT
Hello,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:52:33AM -0400, Sandy Gao wrote:
> For the input:
>
> <icon >
>     <small-icon>stillTypingMygif
>     <large-icon>/tmp/large.gif</large-icon>
> </icon>
>
> By the time the parser realizes that there is a fatal error, it should've
> already reached </icon>. It can't go back and add </small-icon> before
> <large-icon>. (Because, for SAX, the events for <large-icon> have already
> been sent to the application.)

I think the point he wanted to make was that the events for <large-icon>
should not even be sent at all because at that point you would be able
to know that small-icon cannot contain large-icon. Wether this would be
better or worse I cannot say.
--
# Stef Epardaud, # Teachers have potentially more power than military,
# Java Defeater  #   the former can teach us how to not need the latter.