xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Elena Litani <elit...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Performance and XNI change
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:34:38 GMT
Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> This said, I claim that the setSourceDocument method ought to be on
> XMLDocumentHandler instead of XMLDocumentFilter (which will then inherit
> it from XMLDocumentHandler). And to make "editing" the pipeline more
> convenient we should had the related getters to XMLDocumentHandler and
> XMLDocumentSource.

Well, this sounds good to me.

So to set the pipeline we need to call (for filter components):
f1.setDocumentHandler(f2);
f2.setDocumentSource(f1);

If a filter component wants to remove itself, it calls:
this.documentSource.setDocumentHandler(this.documentHandler);
this.documentHandler.setDocumentSource(this.documentSource);

Correct?
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto