xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From gopal sharma <gopal.sha...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Xerces 2.0.0 beta 4 causes Xalan to glitch
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 13:25:00 GMT
 Joseph Kesselman wrote :-,
 You were correct, while running the smoketest of Xalan with
 PARSER_JAR value set to xercesImpl.jar. It fails with the

<----Error message ---->

 Xalan-J 2.x Build
 Starting Ant with targets: smoketest-run
        ...with classpath:

 Buildfile: build.xml

 No JAXP compliant XML parser found. Please visit http://xml.apache.org
for a
 suitable parser

 Total time: 0 seconds

<----End of Error message ---->
 My understanding is Ant dynamically loads
 (hardcoded in Ant) which is not available with xercesImpl.jar. So one
 either need to set xmlParserAPIs.jar or xml-apis.jar in PARSER_JAR
which solves
 the problem.
 While the discussion on whether we need only one XML API jar (like
xml-apis.jar or
 xmlParserAPIs.jar) or multiple (both) on xml.apache.org should be left
to the project(s)
 only, if we don't seem to reach to a conclusion. While I am always in
favour of only one jar
 (common) file either you call xml-apis.jar (by Xalan) or
xmlParserAPIs.jar (by Xerces).
 But for sure, either of the jar file should have all Standard API's
required for any

 SUN Microsytems, India