xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From "Halvorson, Loren" <Loren.Halvor...@firepond.com>
Subject RE: SOAP Encoding
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:15:10 GMT
James,

This sounds a little like the Swing Long-Term Persistence stuff.
http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/persistence/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cook [mailto:jimcook@iname.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 6:36 PM
To: xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: SOAP Encoding

Actually, I want the opposite. I want to create XML documents from my java
objects. After doing that, I will combine the XML version of my Java objects
with XSLT to produce reports. First batch of reports will be HTML based, but
I could produce PDF's with a slightly different template.

This stuff is really cool.

I have created my Java Object -> XML mapping by using the reflection classes
on my objects. I am not interested in an object's attributes, but rather the
results of its getters. By using reflection, I can execute all of the
getters in my object that have no parameters. I then write the results of
this execution to the XML document. If the result of the execution is
another object, I simply recurse. I had to do a little more work to support
arrays, but it all seems pretty good so far.

Tomorrow....XSLT.

jim