xerces-j-dev mailing list archives

From Robert La Ferla <robertlafe...@mediaone.net>
Subject DOM - Parsing XML document with "Windows-1252" encoding.
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 17:40:19 GMT
Developers,

I am using the DOMParser (under Solaris) to parse a simple XML document
into memory.  Unfortunately, the XML file is in "Windows-1252"
encoding.  i.e.  The document header has <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="Windows-1252" ?> and each line in the document ends with a CR
(without LF).  If I run my code, I get the following error message:

Error in parsing: The encoding "Windows-1252" is not supported.

What's the best way to work around this?  I'd hate to have to retrieve
the document, and convert the CR/LF pairs to CR and then change the
encoding type, just to get this to work...

Sincerely,
Robert