xerces-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Question about document type nodes and JAXP
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:25:27 GMT
Because there doesn't seem to be any way to specify a bootstrap
mechanism which is platform and language independent the DOM spec
doesn't define any. :-(
I've made a proposal to fix this at least for Java in DOM Level 3. In
the meantime, you have to use some "proprietary" call.

Sean Kelly wrote:

> Document toss = new org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl();
> DOMImplementation impl = toss.getImplementation();

You may as well simply do the following:

DOMImplementation impl =
org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.getDOMImplementation();

I wish JAXP addressed this problem but it doesn't either. :-(