xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From lEdUnkAnG <ledunk...@163.com>
Subject Xerces-C cannot detect ICU Transcoder when building
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:20:39 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Qt(2009.05)as develop environment.
To take into acount of XML parse and internationalization issues, I try to integrate Xerces-C(3.1.1)
and ICU4C(4.8.1) under Cygwin with Qt's MinGW compiler.
After fixed some trivial problems, I succeeded to build ICU4C to static libraries, and installed
to /icu_path/.
Problem comes when I run configure command under Xerces-c directory. Configure result shows
than ICU Transcoder and MsgLoader cannot be supported.
I'm not sure whether I've missed something in building procedure.
So I post building info here for some help.
Any advice will be apprieciated!
Thanks in advance!

Here are bulding options:

1. To build ICU,
------------------------
$ ./runConfigureICU MinGW --with-data-packaging=archive --disable-shared --enable-static --prefix="/icu_path/"
CXXFLAGS="-U__STRICT_ANSI__"  CXXFLAGS="-DU_STATIC_IMPLEMENTATION"
$ make && make install
-------------------------

2. To build Xerces-c with ICU
-------------------------
$ ./configure --host=i686-mingw32msvc --enable-transcoder-icu --enable-netaccessor-winsock
--disable-shared CXXFLAGS=-O2 CFLAGS=-O2 --enable-msgloader-icu --with-icu=/icu_path/
-------------------------
The result shows that:
checking for icu-config... /icu_path/bin/icu-config
### icu-config: Can't find /icu_path/lib/libicuuc.dll - ICU prefix
is wrong.
###      Try the --prefix= option
###      or --detect-prefix
###      (If you want to disable this check, use  the --noverify option)
### icu-config: Exitting.
checking whether we can support the iconv Transcoder... yes
checking whether we can support the ICU Transcoder... no
checking whether we can support the Windows Transcoder... yes
checking for which Transcoder to use (choices: -iconv- -windows-)... windows
checking whether we support the InMemory MsgLoader... yes
checking whether we support the ICU MsgLoader... no
configure: Report:
configure:   File Manager: Windows
configure:   Mutex Manager: Windows
configure:   Transcoder: windows
configure:   NetAccessor: winsock
configure:   Message Loader: inmemory

It's weird that I built ICU into static library but icu-config checks for DLL.