xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From unique_suresh <uniquesur...@gmail.com>
Subject Please Help : XercesDOMParser and DOMLSParser Schema validation is not the same
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:17:42 GMT

Hi All,

 I am new to Xerces lib and XML approach here. I have created XSD and also I
created test.xml file. Where I want to validate xml with test.xsd file. Here
I want to provide namespace p for all the elements by default and including
attributes. However I have got two sample code from internet I am trying to
run both of them.

Files : test.xml test.xsd

Code :
load-grammar-dom uses DOMLSParser class to load grammer and validate xml.
SchemaValidator.cpp uses XercesDOMParser class to load grammer and validate
xml.

Here is my problem,

1. Using DOMLSParser validate works fine I dont see any issues with the code
/ files

Output:
 ./load-grammar-dom test.xsd test.xml
parsing test.xml
Validation successful !!!

2. Using XercesDOMParser I am getting error message saying " At line 2
Column 89, no declaration found for element 'p:test_in' . I dont understand
that one approach says xml is fine this approach says something wrong.
Please help

Output:
 ./SchemaValidator test.xsd test.xml
===> At line 2 Column 89, no declaration found for element 'p:test_in'
<====
XML file doesn't conform to the schema

Question :
1. Why DOMLSParser works but XercesDOMParser complaining about element.
2. can you someone explaining to me that difference between DOMLSParser and
XercesDOMParser classes and their pros and cons.

PS : I am very new to xml and xerces lib. Any help would appropriated.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32503845/test.xml test.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32503845/test.xsd test.xsd
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32503845/SchemaValidator.cpp SchemaValidator.cpp
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32503845/load-grammar-dom.cpp