xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Gaurav" <Gaurav.Sha...@Safenet-inc.com>
Subject RE:localized error messages
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 05:01:22 GMT
Hi All,

Can any one provide me some information about xerces c++ error messaging infrastructure. I
want to keep xerces c++ error message files for different locales as dll resource and load
any one of them based on the locale pass into the xerces initialize function. I don't want
to compile xerces static lib again and again.

Kindly provide some inputs.

With Best Regards
Gaurav Sharma

-----Original Message-----
From: Hilario Perez Corona [mailto:hpcorona@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:04 PM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: localization help--Please reply

You need to translate and create your own XMLErrList_**_**.xml file for
japanese.

I just copied the original english XML and translated it with google, then
manually fixed the translation problems...

If you need 2 or more languages that change dynamically while running, then
you would need to write a module that can switch between those two
languages.

But, if you only need 1 language (like me), just replace the EN_EN files
with your JP file. Just name it the same, recompile and it should work.

I just downloaded XLat, but i haven't compiled it (if would be cool if
Xerces provide binary downloads for the tools), it's not a priority for me
right now, but i need to do it before the end of the week... 'till then,
hope this info helps you.