xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Dantzler, DeWayne C" <dewayne.c.dantz...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: How to get Xerces to recognize external entity callouts
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:48:07 GMT
Alberto

Do I need to recompile Xerces to support netaccessor and does this require upgrading Xerces
from 2.7.0 to 3.0.1?
I have confirmed that my entity resolver is being called. Now, is there away in Xerces to
specify the proxy and port like
proxyHost="use-this-proxy" and proxyPort="use-port"? I would rather use Xerces to handle the
entity resolution if at all possible.

Thanks for your assistance

DeWayne Dantlzer

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Massari [mailto:amassari@datadirect.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:14 PM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to get Xerces to recognize external entity callouts

Dantlzer,
you are providing your own entity resolver, so Xerces will call you to fetch the external
entity; try adding a few debugging traces to verify that you are indeed called and that you
are able to resolve the given URL.
In any case, as you are behind a proxy, you should manually retrieve the entity (using whatever
feature your platform provides - WinHTTP for Windows, cUrl for Unix..) and wrap it in a MemBufInputSource
object.

Alberto

Dantzler, DeWayne C wrote:
> HI Alberto
>
> I ran across a reference(link below) given by you a few years ago on a similar problem
which I think is related to mine.
> http://marc.info/?l=xerces-c-users&m=118373267604850&w=2
>
> I forgot to mention that I'm also behind a firewall and need to access our company's
proxy. I don't know if a NetAccessor was compiled in our version of Xerces. How can I verify
this? Also, here is how I'm invoking the parser.

> Thanks
>
> Code snippet
> _XmlDOMParser->setEntityResolver(resolver);
> _XmlDOMParser->setValidationScheme(_XmlDOMParser->Val_Always);
> _XmlDOMParser->setDoSchema(false);
> _XmlDOMParser->parse(xmlDoc2Parse);
>

> DeWayne Dantlzer

you didn't compile a NetAccessor inside Xerces.

> Alberto
>
> Dantzler, DeWayne C wrote:
>
>> Hello guys
>>
>> I'm getting Xerces parse errors and I believe it is because the entity callouts can
not be located(see below). How do I get Xerces to follow the URL in the entity callout to
resolve this. I'm running Xerces 2.7.0 and not sure if this feature is supported. Do I need
to upgrade Xerces?