xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Leeming" <paul.leem...@teleca.com>
Subject RE: Could not load a transcoding service - Linux
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:44:14 GMT
Hey Boris,

Thanks for the reply. I have done some more digging and I think you are right, I actually
get a failure returned from the iconv_open function, which suggests that I don't have the
required transcoding service. My code is attempting to transcode from iso-8859-1 to UTF-16LE.

However, it is very confusing that if I run iconv from the command line on my target device
using the same from and to arguments it works fine. For example:

# iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t UTF-16LE ExampleXML.txt

So I have been trying to find the difference between the command line app (iconv) and my code.
No luck yet. If I don't get anywhere with this I think I might try ICU as you suggest.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Boris Kolpackov [mailto:boris@codesynthesis.com]
Sent: Sat 9/19/2009 18:08
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: Could not load a transcoding service - Linux

Hi Paul,

Paul Leeming <paul.leeming@teleca.com> writes:

>       tc = new IconvGNUTransService(fgMemoryManager);
>
>  This fails in the constructor, in the overloaded new operator of XMemory

Can you find out where exactly in IconvGNUTransService constructor
it fails? My guess would be that GNU Iconv on your target does not
support encodings that are needed by Xerces-C++.

One way to address this is to build and use ICU. I have done that
for LynxOS though cross-compiling ICU is not easy.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog
Open-source XML data binding for C++:  http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd