xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Leeming" <paul.leem...@teleca.com>
Subject Could not load a transcoding service - Linux
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:26:56 GMT
Hi,

I am attempting to use Xerces on a Set Top Box development kit, running Linux. I have tested
the code on an Linux PC and it works fine. However, when I try to run it on my target device
the XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize() it fails with "Could not load a transcoding service".

The Xerces code is compiled with --enable-transcoder-gnuiconv, and I have also tried -iconv
and -icu but the code will not build as it seems these are not available on my system.

Using a debugger, the problem seems to be when calling

XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize()
{

 which calls

  XMLPlatformUtils::makeTransService()

 which then calls

      tc = new IconvGNUTransService(fgMemoryManager);

 This fails in the constructor, in the overloaded new operator of XMemory

I have also cross compiled one of the examples which came with Xerces, and this fails in the
same way.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Paul