xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Massari <amass...@datadirect.com>
Subject Re: How to get Xerces to recognize external entity callouts
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:22:35 GMT
If you want to stay with 2.7, you should recompile Xerces with the
libwww NetAccessor; then in your code use the libwww API for registering
a proxy (I think it is HTProxy_add) and at that point I think you should
be able to load URLs.

Alberto

Dantzler, DeWayne C wrote:
> Alberto
>
> Do I need to recompile Xerces to support netaccessor and does this require upgrading
Xerces from 2.7.0 to 3.0.1?
> I have confirmed that my entity resolver is being called. Now, is there away in Xerces
to specify the proxy and port like
> proxyHost="use-this-proxy" and proxyPort="use-port"? I would rather use Xerces to handle
the entity resolution if at all possible.

> Thanks for your assistance
>
> DeWayne Dantlzer

entity; try adding a few debugging traces to verify that you are indeed called and that you
are able to resolve the given URL.
> In any case, as you are behind a proxy, you should manually retrieve the entity (using
whatever feature your platform provides - WinHTTP for Windows, cUrl for Unix..) and wrap it
in a MemBufInputSource object.

> Alberto
>
> Dantzler, DeWayne C wrote:
>
>> HI Alberto
>>
>> I ran across a reference(link below) given by you a few years ago on a similar problem
which I think is related to mine.
>> http://marc.info/?l=xerces-c-users&m=118373267604850&w=2
>>
>> I forgot to mention that I'm also behind a firewall and need to access our company's
proxy. I don't know if a NetAccessor was compiled in our version of Xerces. How can I verify
this? Also, here is how I'm invoking the parser.

>> Thanks
>>
>> Code snippet
>> _XmlDOMParser->setEntityResolver(resolver);
>> _XmlDOMParser->setValidationScheme(_XmlDOMParser->Val_Always);
>> _XmlDOMParser->setDoSchema(false);
>> _XmlDOMParser->parse(xmlDoc2Parse);
>>

>> DeWayne Dantlzer

or you didn't compile a NetAccessor inside Xerces.

>> Alberto
>>
>> Dantzler, DeWayne C wrote:
>>

>>> Hello guys
>>>
>>> I'm getting Xerces parse errors and I believe it is because the entity callouts
can not be located(see below). How do I get Xerces to follow the URL in the entity callout
to resolve this. I'm running Xerces 2.7.0 and not sure if this feature is supported. Do I
need to upgrade Xerces?