xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Massari <amass...@datadirect.com>
Subject Re: method startElement() from class DOMLSParserFilter
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 07:37:52 GMT
When you call release() on a node, the node is not deleted (as its
memory comes from a pool that can be deleted as a whole) but it's placed
in a "recycle bin" from where it is taken when a new node of the same
type is requested. So, the next element will not allocate extra memory,
but reuse that node. What I need to check is if node texts do the same
with the buffer used to keep the node value, and how they are recycled
(i.e. if the big buffer used by DATA nodes is reused for a much smaller
node)

Alberto

Mirko Braun wrote:
> Sorry, I don't know how much memory is used. I just had a look at the
> maximum used memory in the task manager (Window XP). It doesn't
> matter if i used a DOMLSParserFilter or not the process DOMPrint.exe used the same size
of memory.
> The XML-Elements DATA which i want to reject have very large values
> and i think if i reject these nodes they are also removed from
> memory. Does "be marked for recycling" mean, that these DATA nodes
> remain in memory?
>
> Mirko
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> Datum: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:26:05 +0200
>> Von: Alberto Massari <amassari@datadirect.com>
>> An: c-users@xerces.apache.org
>> Betreff: Re: method startElement() from class DOMLSParserFilter
>>

>> Mirko Braun wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alberto,
>>>
>>> thank you very much for your help. I integrated the patch in
>>> 3.0.1 and it worked. There is no exception any more.
>>> But there is still one problem. The usage of memory is still
>>> of the same size. I think if a node is rejected from the tree
>>> the usage of memory should also decrease. Is my conclusion
>>> correct?
>>>

>> Yes, if a node is rejected is should be marked for recycling; how much
>> memory are you seeing is been used?
>>
>> Alberto
>>

>>> Mirko
>>>
>>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------

>> In

>> 'C:\Daten\2009-08-07_NewXercesc\3_0_1\xerces-c-3.0.1\Build\Win32\VC6\Debug\MyXML.xml'

>> doesn't

not recycled and

element_data)==0)

(about 180 MB).
Of course there
and i got an

along wiht

>> Xercesc

the Nodes during

in my large file
called DATA and
from the DOM tree
After that i

>> would

DATA with their

>> along

>> 'C:\Daten\2009-08-07_NewXercesc\3_0_1\xerces-c-3.0.1\Build\Win32\VC6\Debug\MyXML.xml'

where it is not

DOMLSParserFilter

of this class?

>> Did

a look below)?

node){return

const

>> {return

>> ((xercesc::DOMImplementationLS*)implParser)->createLSParser(xercesc::DOMImplementationLS::MODE_SYNCHRONOUS,
0);

>> parser->getDomConfig()->setParameter(xercesc::XMLUni::fgDOMErrorHandler,

exceptions that

>> might

error occurred during

XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER