xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Massari <amass...@datadirect.com>
Subject Re: method startElement() from class DOMLSParserFilter
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:37:10 GMT
Hi Mirko,
I think the current implementation of the DOMLSParserFilter doesn't work
nicely with your code, as the rejected nodes are not recycled and the
memory will grow to the same level as before.
Anyhow, you should instead override acceptNode like this:

DOMParserFilter::FilterAction DOMParserFilter::acceptNode(DOMElement* node)
{
  // for element whose name is "DATA", skip it
   if (node->getNodeType()==DOMNode::ELEMENT_NODE &&
XMLString::compareString(node->getNodeName(), element_data)==0)
     return DOMParserFilter::FILTER_REJECT;
  else
    return DOMParserFilter::FILTER_ACCEPT;
}

Then, change DOMLSParserImpl::endElement to add a call to
origNode->release() after the call to removeChild().

Alberto

Mirko Braun wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> i would like to parse a quite large XML file (about 180 MB).
> I used the DOM interface because i need the tree for further
> processing of the data the xml file contains. Of course there
> is a lot of memory used during parsing the file and i got an
> "Out of memory" exception.
>
> I noticed that a class DOMLSParserFilter comes along wiht Xercesc C++ 3.0.1 (Win32),
which makes it possible to filter the Nodes during parsing.

"
>              << StrX(e.getMessage()) << XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER endl;
>         errorsOccured = true;
>     }
>
>     catch (const DOMException& e)
>     {
>       const unsigned int maxChars = 2047;
>       XMLCh errText[maxChars + 1];
>
>       XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER cerr << "\nDOM Error during parsing: '" << gXmlFile
<< "'\n"
>            << "DOMException code is:  " << e.code << XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER
endl;

>       if (DOMImplementation::loadDOMExceptionMsg(e.code, errText, maxChars))
>            XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER cerr << "Message is: " << StrX(errText) <<
XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER endl;