xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Walter <Dirk.Wal...@nih.gov>
Subject Re: Build Issues under MinGW
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:12:19 GMT
I have been trying to get the build to work but so far I have no luck.

if I just follow the instructions at
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix-2.html#MinGW
I get the following error:

"Makefile.incl:1168: warning: overriding commands for target `.c.o'
Makefile.incl:1165: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.c.o'
makefile:71: *** target file `ALL' has both : and :: entries.  Stop."

if I comment out line 55 in the makefile.incl
"#ALL:    all"
it builds up on till a certain point, with a lot of warnings in the form
of:
"../../Makefile.incl:1168: warning: overriding commands for target
`.c.o'
../../Makefile.incl:1165: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`.c.o'"
looking at the makefile the makefile seems to expect to be case
sensitive, but the two commands are identical anyway.

Regardless it eventually fails with the errors I attached to my previous
email. By running some of the commands by hand and adding the Win32
version of the file you suggested I eventually managed to get it to
build, but any attempt I make to link against it fail.

Also the makefiles seem to think that MinGW needs the
Win32PlatformUtils.cpp, is this correct?