xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From michelle....@sybase.com
Subject RE: substitution group in Xerces 2.8
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 04:16:13 GMT
Yes, I did lookup the bug list in the release notes related to
substitution group.  However, the description is very brief to provide
more info regarding the change.

The point that puzzled me is why it works by swapping the 2
schemalocations.  In fact, I tried the same using other parsers such as
XMLSpy and it gave errors regardless the sequence of the schemalocations.
So, which is 'correct'?

Thanks.

"Jesse Pelton" <jsp@PKC.com>
07/09/2009 08:15 PM
Please respond to
c-users@xerces.apache.org

<c-users@xerces.apache.org>, <c-users@xerces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: substitution group in Xerces 2.8

Five years worth of work occurred between 2.1 and 2.8.  Assuming it's even
possible, it's likely to be a substantial task to identify whatever commit
or commits caused this particular behavior to change.  There may or may
not be an associated bug report.  If Boris or anyone else undertakes this
on your behalf, be sure to offer them profuse thanks.

You can search the bug database yourself (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC).
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/source-repository.html has information
on how to work with the source repository.  If you don't have Subversion,
look for the link to the repository's Web interface at the bottom of the
page.  You might want to start by looking at the Xerces-C "Release Info"
page (http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/releases.html) and the "Releases
Archive" linked from there.