xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From michelle....@sybase.com
Subject substitution group in Xerces 2.8
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 04:00:35 GMT
Hi,

We using xerces in our application as the XML parser.  We have a query
which worked on Xerces 2.1 but not on Xerces 2.8:

select xmlvalidate(
'<?xml version="1.0"?>
<group
xmlns="http://www.xbrl.org/2001/instance"
xmlns:rtr="http://about.reuters.com/results/2002-06-30/001"
xmlns:uk="http://www.iasb.org.uk/xbrl/2002-02-25/003"
xmlns:iso4217="http://www.iso.org/4217"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://about.reuters.com/results/2002-06-30/001
http://www-edm/remote/svr/groups/xmltest/xmlschema/XBRL_Reuters/Reuters-Interims-xbrl-001.xsd
http://www.iasb.org.uk/xbrl/2002-02-25/003 http://www-edm/remote/svr/gro
ups/xmltest/xmlschema/XBRL_Reuters/UK-draft-25-Feb-2002-v2-003.xsd">
</group>' option 'schemavalidate=yes')
XMLVALIDATE(): XML parser error <<Element chapter has a type which does
not derive from the type of the element at the head of the substitution
group>> atline 1494, offset 72.
XMLVALIDATE(): XML parser error <<Element name has a type which does not
derive from the type of the element at the head of the substitution
group>> at line1495, offset 69.
XMLVALIDATE(): XML parser error <<Element number has a type which does not
derive from the type of the element at the head of the substitution
group>> atline 1496, offset 71.
XMLVALIDATE(): XML parser error <<Element paragraph has a type which does
not derive from the type of the element at the head of the substitution
group>> at line 1497, offset 74.
XMLVALIDATE(): XML parser error <<Element subparagraph has a type which
does not derive from the type of the element at the head of the
substitution group>> at line 1498, offset 77.

In addition, if I switched the 2 pairs of the schemaLocation, it will
work.  Any idea why?

Thanks.