xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Rackl, Robert G" <robert.g.ra...@boeing.com>
Subject Using Schema in DOMCount
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:23:35 GMT
After having used xml on Windows, I am now trying to use xml in Linux
using xerces. I am new to xerces and fairly new to C++. Successfully
compiled the DOMCount sample program. But I am unsuccessful in trying to
have DOMCount validate the input xml file using the command

./DOMCount -v=always -s -f ~/practice/SamplePanelDat.xml

(tried various combinations of -n, -s, -f options - to no avail)

Many errors are reported as if the schema file did not exist (but it
does). The first few lines of the input file are thus:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PanelData xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
	xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="~/practice/ADINB_PanelData.xsd">
	<Identification ID="12345" Case="Sample for demonstrating XML
format, successful aero data extraction, fictitious data"/>

The first few lines of the schema file ADINB_PanelData.xsd are thus:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSpy v2008 rel. 2 sp1 (http://www.altova.com) by
WILLIAM ANDERSON (BOEING SHARED SERVICES GROUP) -->
<xs:schema xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com"
	<xs:element name="PanelData">
		<xs:complexType>