xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From John Lilley <jlil...@datalever.com>
Subject RE: XMLString Class and ordinary C-strings
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:11:28 GMT
If they are really ASCII, you can just convert each character to n XMLCh and append them to
the string one at the time.

You can also use Xerces' transcoder to transcode from the native locale's 8-bit code page,
which unless it is something like EBCDIC will have ASCII as its lower 127 characters.

john

From: Rackl, Robert G [robert.g.rackl@boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:41 PM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: XMLString Class and ordinary C-strings

Using the DOMCount sample as a guide, I am developing a module with a
bunch of subroutines to parse and validate an XML file, and then to
extract data from it. The subroutines are to be called from Fortran, and
all output to cerr is to be converted to go to status strings in the
calls from Fortran. I can parse/validate the document by a call from
Fortran. I am stuck at converting ordinary plain ASCII null-terminated
C-strings to XMLStrings and vice versa. How is that done, please?

  -_r4_\.