xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From John Lilley <jlil...@datalever.com>
Subject Building Xerces with XMLCH as unsigned short on Windows
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:02:49 GMT
Is there a way to make Xerces define XMLCh as unsigned short on Windows instead of wchar_t?
 It may be a minor point, but we have a UTF-16 string type defined to use unsigned short,
so it would also be nice to have Xerces using unsigned short to avoid casts.  Since it can
use unsigned short on some platforms, why not Windows?

I'd like to use wchar_t, but we need to be able to overload UTF-32 vs UTF-16 string types
and to do that, we need a 32-bit and 16-bit unsigned int type that is the same on all platforms.

On a different topic, will Xerces use unsigned short on all platforms for which sizeof(wchar_t)
!= 2?

Thanks
john lilley