xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From David Bertoni <dbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: undefined reference to 'xercesc_2_8::DOMImplementation::getImplementation'
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:14:00 GMT
krishnakengappa@bel.co.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       I have built xerces 2.8 library on QNX 6.3 successfully. When, I tried to use it
my application, I am getting
> the following error :
>
>   /usr/qnx630/target/qnx6/include/cpp/xlocale:899 : undefined reference to
> 'xercesc_2_8::DOMImplementation::getImplementation'
>
>       I am able to link the library, but getting error for this function.
Are you linking your application with the Xerces-C library?  If not,
that would explain why you're getting an undefined reference.  Please
provide the link command line you're using. Usually, the command line
option is:

-L <path to the Xerces-C library> -l xerces-c

> Note :
>      While building the xerces 2.8 library, I got compilation error in wchar.h located
at

> /usr/qnx630/target/qnx6/include/wchar.h ( This file was required by
> src/xercesc/utils/Transcoders/IconvGNUTransService.cpp)
>
>      std::size_t - compiler flagged an error saying size_t is undeclared.
>
>      So, I changed it to ::size_t, compilation succeed and was able to build the library
successfully.
This is a bug in your compiler.

Dave