xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Andrea009 <and...@group1software.co.uk>
Subject Re: Reading non referenced complexTypes from a Schema
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:03:20 GMT

David Bertoni wrote:

> Andrea009 wrote:
>> I have searched through the forums but so far unable to locate anything.
>>
>> How can I enumerate complexType declarations in a schema when they do not
>> have an element referencing them ?
>>
>> e.g. (snippet)
>>
>> 	<xs:complexType name="foo_extension">
>> 	   <xs:complexContent>
>> 	       <xs:extension base="foo">
>> 	          <xs:attributeGroup ref="foo_properties"/>
>> 	        </xs:extension>
>> 	   </xs:complexContent>
>> 	</xs:complexType>
>>

>> If I include <xs:element name="foo_extension"/> then using the following
>> code is fine:
>>
>> RefHash3KeysIdPoolEnumerator<SchemaElementDecl> schemaElemEnum =
>> grammar->getElemEnumerator();
>>
>> and I can loop around getting all the information I require.
>>
>> However an element declaration is not mandatory for the extension to be
>> referenced using an xsi:type in the data. I need to read in the schema
>> and
>> get all non-referenced complexTypes before I start looking at data. Is
>> there
>> a way? I cannot see anything immediately obvious.
> Have you tried using the XSModel APIs?  Those are a better fit for
> general schema information than hacking with the internal interfaces.
> They also attempt to mirror the PSVI as described by the schema
> recommendation.
>
> The PSVIWriter sample uses these APIs, so you could take a look at it
> for more information.
>
> Dave

Thanks! Our current model hasnt been anywhere near the XSModel. Ive taken
over a old project and its been an uphill struggle to get to grips with all
the various interfaces. Ive had a quick peep at the XSModel and it looks as
if it will open up many of our current restrictions. It does seem to be
exactly what is required although now I have a lot of code to rewrite and
figure out.

Andrea