xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Andrea009 <and...@group1software.co.uk>
Subject Reading non referenced complexTypes from a Schema
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:05:56 GMT

I have searched through the forums but so far unable to locate anything.

How can I enumerate complexType declarations in a schema when they do not
have an element referencing them ?

e.g. (snippet)

	<xs:complexType name="foo_extension">
	   <xs:complexContent>
	       <xs:extension base="foo">
	          <xs:attributeGroup ref="foo_properties"/>
	        </xs:extension>
	   </xs:complexContent>
	</xs:complexType>

If I include <xs:element name="foo_extension"/> then using the following
code is fine:

RefHash3KeysIdPoolEnumerator<SchemaElementDecl> schemaElemEnum =
grammar->getElemEnumerator();

and I can loop around getting all the information I require.

However an element declaration is not mandatory for the extension to be
referenced using an xsi:type in the data. I need to read in the schema and
get all non-referenced complexTypes before I start looking at data. Is there
a way? I cannot see anything immediately obvious.

Thanks for your help.

Andrea