xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse Pelton" <...@PKC.com>
Subject RE: Attribute order in XercesDOMParser
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:16:28 GMT
I doubt it.  Attribute order in XML is insignificant.  You might be able to write your own
serializer or modify the Xerces one you're using, but I'm not sure that you'll be able to
reliably determine the original attribute order.

If order is important, you might be better off treating the XML as text and just inserting
the characters.

-----Original Message-----
From: mini thomas [mailto:mini_mol_thomas@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 10:57 AM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Attribute order in XercesDOMParser

I need to parse contents of a file, add an extra attribute to the root node and then update
the file with the modified XML. I found that the order of attributes are getting changed,
after parsing and serializing the parser contents.
Is there are option to turn off attribute sorting done by  XercesDOMParser?

View raw message