xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse Pelton" <...@PKC.com>
Subject RE: substitution group in Xerces 2.8
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:15:44 GMT
Five years worth of work occurred between 2.1 and 2.8.  Assuming it's even possible, it's likely
to be a substantial task to identify whatever commit or commits caused this particular behavior
to change.  There may or may not be an associated bug report.  If Boris or anyone else undertakes
this on your behalf, be sure to offer them profuse thanks.

You can search the bug database yourself (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC).
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/source-repository.html has information on how to work with
the source repository.  If you don't have Subversion, look for the link to the repository's
Web interface at the bottom of the page.  You might want to start by looking at the Xerces-C
"Release Info" page (http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/releases.html) and the "Releases Archive"
linked from there.

-----Original Message-----
From: michelle.lim@sybase.com [mailto:michelle.lim@sybase.com]
Sent: Thu 7/9/2009 1:21 AM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: substitution group in Xerces 2.8

Hi Boris,

Would you be able to point me to the bug# in xerces that made this change?

Thanks!

Boris Kolpackov <boris@codesynthesis.com>
07/09/2009 03:12 PM
Please respond to
c-users@xerces.apache.org

c-users@xerces.apache.org
cc
michelle.lim@sybase.com
Subject
Re: substitution group in Xerces 2.8

Hi Michelle,

michelle.lim@sybase.com <michelle.lim@sybase.com> writes:

> Thanks for your reply.  However, why xerces 2.1 is ok?  Is there
anything
> in xerces 2.8 that "corrected" the wrong behavior in xerces 2.1?

Probably. I would expect the XML Schema support in 2.8 to be a lot
more spec-compliant than in 2.1.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools