xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From krishnakenga...@bel.co.in
Subject Re: undefined reference to 'xercesc_2_8::DOMImplementation::getImplementation'
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 05:41:26 GMT
Hi Dave,

      Thanks. I am linking the my application with xerces-c ( am using -lxerces-c option)
But am still facing the linker errors. Am attaching the compiler and linker outputs with this
mail.

      When, I am using :

               XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
               DOMImplementation::getImplementation();
               ((DOMImplementationLS*)pImpl)->createDOMBuilder(0,NULL);

       it throws link time errors. Otherwise it links. I am attaching source file with this
mail.

Thanks,
Krishna

> krishnakengappa@bel.co.in wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>       I have built xerces 2.8 library on QNX 6.3 successfully. When, I tried to use
it my application, I am getting
>> the following error :
>>
>>   /usr/qnx630/target/qnx6/include/cpp/xlocale:899 : undefined reference to
>> 'xercesc_2_8::DOMImplementation::getImplementation'
>>
>>       I am able to link the library, but getting error for this function.
> Are you linking your application with the Xerces-C library?  If not,
> that would explain why you're getting an undefined reference.  Please
> provide the link command line you're using. Usually, the command line
> option is:
>
> -L <path to the Xerces-C library> -l xerces-c
>

>> Note :
>>      While building the xerces 2.8 library, I got compilation error in wchar.h located
at

>> /usr/qnx630/target/qnx6/include/wchar.h ( This file was required by
>> src/xercesc/utils/Transcoders/IconvGNUTransService.cpp)
>>
>>      std::size_t - compiler flagged an error saying size_t is undeclared.
>>
>>      So, I changed it to ::size_t, compilation succeed and was able to build the
library successfully.
> This is a bug in your compiler.
>
> Dave

Confidentiality Notice

attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender at Bharat Electronics  or support@bel.co.in immediately