xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Altman, Drora" <dalt...@nds.com>
Subject Right usage of xerces
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:22:48 GMT
Hi,

We have a project that uses xerces (2.8.0) in order to parse xml files. We allocate the data
as a DOM object in memory and work on it (adding/deleting nodes).
The xml are quiet big.

It seems that we miss something in the right usage of xerces, since the application consumes
a lot of memory and it does not seem to be released properly.
During our investigation of the code, I realized that the code uses the importNode function,
which, as far as I understand, allocates the memory. This brings me to the following questions:

1. What's the difference between the importNode() & cloneNode() functions?
2. How can we actually delete the memory allocated by import\cloneNode if we delete this node
afterwards?
3. What are your general recommendations, regarding cleanup memory at the end of the usage
of xerces?

Thanks in advance,
Drora Altman

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from your
system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com